- Dan Elsner, Bill Manske, George Decker, Steve Baker, and Leigh Ann Hunt
- Chipeta Member Potpourri of Archaeology: Chief Ouray, Yucatan, Romania, Barlow, and Wickiups
- March 15, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Baldridge Hall, Montrose United Methodist Church
(at the corner of S. 1st Street and Park Avenue)
This month we present five short illustrated talks by chapter members and archaeologists about their own adventures. Come and catch a taste of their travels and excavations, ranging from travels in Yucatan, to local excavations of Chief Ouray's home sites, to a Bronze Age dig in Transylvania.
We will have five speakers and an intermission with refreshments.
- Dan Elsner: A trip to view the Maya Calendar on the date of the End of the World (2012)
- Bill Manske: Barlow Homestead Dig 2014, excavating a remote homestead on the Uncompahgre Plateau
- George Decker: Tour of Wickiups across Colorado (there are more than you think out there!)
- Steve Baker: Excavations of Chief Ouray's homestead, Montrose
- Leigh Ann Hunt: Joining a Bronze Age dig in the Carpathian foothills and staying on a rustic farm (2009)